Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Graduates Lessons Learned



12 Lessons I’ve Learned While at SRA

One: It’s okay to be afraid at first. Still say thank you to your parents for caring enough about you to get you help, and have the courage to look people in the eye.

Two: You will make more mistakes in a relatively short time period than you ever thought possible. This is a good thing. Make sure to pick yourself up off the ground.

Three: Find people who care about you enough to be honest.

Four: Remember that if you are skating on thin ice, you might as well dance. And when you have the opportunity to dance, surrender to yourself. Now it is finally the time to live for you.

Five: You always have a choice.

Six: Choosing to live was the best decision I ever made.

Seven: I know who I am, I love myself, and I know I will make it.

Eight: When you are really ready, don’t be surprised if leaving is ten times harder than coming ever was. Always remember that One: It’s okay to be afraid at first, and Seven: I know who I am, I love myself, and I know I will make it.

Nine: There is something special about the girls here. We are not merely survivors. We are livers. We are the earth-shakers. We the hope for a better future. Most importantly, if there’s only one thing we all learned, it is that we are unstoppable.

Ten: I have a home here. It was in this place I began to find out who I really am: An authentic, trusting young woman who deserves love. I have so many people to thank for that.

Eleven: Two years ago, I could’ve stood up here with these three people and would’ve felt  completely alone. Now, I am proud to call these people my family. Which brings me back to Seven: I know who I am, I love myself, and I know I will make it. This is it. This is where the rubber hits the road. This is just the beginning. I know that  Two: I will make more mistakes in a relatively short time period than I ever thought possible, but I must remember Five: I always have a choice. Six: Choosing to live was the best decision I ever made, and Seven: I know who I am, I love myself, and I know I will make it.


Twelve: Life is going to slap me in the face. But Ten: I always have a home here. Eight: Leaving is ten times harder than coming ever was. Six: Choosing to live was the best decision I ever made. Three: I will find people who care about me enough to be honest. Two: I will make more mistakes than I ever thought possible. Nine: It’s okay to be afraid at first. And at the end of the day I will always have Seven: I know who I am, I love myself, and I know I will make it. Seven: I know who I am, I love myself, and I know I will make it. It’s not going to be easy, but I know I will always have Seven.

No comments:

Post a Comment